- "As longs as I'm saying what I really think, I'm prepared to stand by it"
Vancouver Sun 1983, Kim Campbell (Short term PM, AKA Mulroney Sacrificial Lamb)
- "I'm not going to play politics on the floor of the House of Commons"
House of Commons 1987, John Turner (Short Term PM, AKA Trudeau Lap Dog)
- "Popularity is bad for you..I try to avoid it like the plaque, and I've been reasonably successful"
Election Campaign 1992, Brian Mulroney (PM for 3 terms, for the most part 2 and a bit too many)
- "My strategy has always been to stay on course unless a change, of course is announced. And if it is, of course, we will announce it"
Speaking about his governments economic policy 1984, John Turner PM ( see above for character description)
- "The budget is stimulative. It is less stimulative than if it had been more, but it is more than if it had been less"
1982 Pierre Trudeau PM, Speaking to reporters about his governments budget.
- "To the young members of parliament who have just come in, I would say that for the first six months you are here you will wonder how you got here. Then after that you will wonder how the rest of the members got here."
House of Commons speech 1968, John Diefenbaker PM
- "I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof? A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven"
2002 Jean Chretien PM, Explaining what evidence would prove the existence of WMD's (weapons of mass destruction) in Iraq
- "You don't need brains for this job, just physical stamina"
1989 Audrey McLaughlin, Former NDP Leader
- "Fuddle Duddle"
1971 Pierre Trudeau (there is some debate as to whether this quote can accurately be attributed to Mr Trudeau....Read More)