Where is modern civilization heading?

As a society are we heading in the same direction as the ancient Romans? If so the question becomes.......

Are our leaders fiddling while civilization burns?

While we ponder the question I will post my personal thoughts on this blog. Often I will focus on current events that catch my interest, however I am not and do not pretend to be a news organization. I'm simply a guy with his own thoughts on issues that I believe affect our country and society.

Be forewarned, I have been accused of being a right wing thinker and if that is offensive please move on. Remember, this is my blog and my opinions, and unlike many facets of our already over-governed modern society they are not being forced on anyone.


However, please feel free to leave your comments, good, bad or indifferent, after all this is a free society we live in (at least for now).

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Napping in Parliament? It's amazing anyone can stay awake

I got a kick out of all the fuss that is being raised about Calgary Mp Rob Anders dozing off during question period in Parliament.

First off let me say that I have no particular like or dislike for Sleepy Rob, like most of the individuals we send to Ottawa once he arrived he forget why we sent him and went about doing things the way his party instructed him to. However, if you have ever watched our elected representatives during a question period it is understandable that occasionally someone will doze off, on the excitement scale it rates lower than watching paint dry or a Sunday afternoon of CBC. At times the bickering, insults, and stupidity that is displayed is akin to a elementary school playground. In fact I would personally recommend watching a question period for anyone who suffers from insomnia, it works wonders and is non habit forming.

Here is the video that has caused so much excitement, but be forewarned, even at a mere 37 seconds in length you may find yourself nodding off as you watch it. 

By the way in case you  have difficulty trying to determine who is awake and
who is napping Rob is the one taking off his glasses behind the speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at Dwindling Empire we welcome your comments. Although we ask that you refrain from profanity, sexist, racist, or comments of a sexual nature.

However you can poke fun at Frustrated Joe all you want, but we warn you if your going to disagree with him try to do so with some facts, this will garner you a lot more respect from everyone.
Greatly Appreciated